- 1-3/4 c (about 14 to 16) shortbread cookies, crushed
- 1 tbls butter, melted
- 3 pkgs (8oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 c packed brown sugar
- 1 can (15 oz) pure pumpkin
- 2/3 c (5 oz can) evaporated milk or 2/3 c half-and-half
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbls cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 c (25 to 30) crushed toffee candies
- 1 contained (8oz) sour cream at room temp.
- 2 tbls granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- caramel ice cream topping (optional)
To make crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of 9 inch springform pan. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes. (Note: Do not allow to brown). Cool on rack 10 minutes.
To make cheesecake: In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until creamy. Add pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, cornstarch and cinnamon. Beat well. Pour into crust.
To bake cheesecake: Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly. Remove from oven. Immediately top with toffee candy pieces. (Note: Do not turn off oven).
To make topping: In small bowl, combine sour cream, granulated sugar and vanilla. Mix well. Spread over top of warm cheesecake. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
To serve: Remove side of springform pan. Drizzle with caramel topping before serving.